I Wonder... Background

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Grey? Or Gray?

Tonight, I found my first 2 grey hairs.  I thought maybe I had something shiny in my hair as I work at Pier 1 and I can't leave that store without reflecting light like a disco ball. Alas, it was not holiday glitter, but my first 2 greys appearing extremely close to one another.

So how does this work? Am I supposed to freak out? Initially I was like, "NO! What are these things?! What do I DO?!?!?!" And then I started thinking about how awesome it would be if I went grey only in that one area and I could have an amazingly cool streak in my hair.

I had attributed grey hairs to childbirth in my family. Because that's who has grey hairs. Those with children. Not I! My doggie-child would NEVER incite a color change to my hair! But what about the past year? The stress, the craziness, the change of career, the restarting school? I did just have my interview for a nursing program (I find out Monday if I am accepted). And I can't really keep calm about it right now. Did THAT spark the spark of color? Or lack of color, I guess?

Whatever. I'll let them go for now. Seriously, if they are the beginnings of an super-cool streak, I'm totally on board for that! If not, I'll keep my tweezers handy. Or marker. I already have really thin hair.

No comments: