I Wonder... Background

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Collin County Courthouse

I missed the 4th day of school today for a 30 minute stint in Collin County's newest courthouse up in McKinney. While I am content and, I can't think of a good word... satisfied? We'll go with it. Satisfied that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I am perturbed that this light hasn't blinded me yet. WHY is there so much conflict over reason? WHY is there NO conflict when reason is trying to be had??? There isn't any because it becomes a one-sided argument. Not even that. A one-sided attempt at discussion. I feel as though this thing that has been haunting me is STILL THERE. I want it gone. It should have been gone months ago, as Texas law says it can be. Folks, mediation is supposed to occur before Sept. 15th (that's what the order said, anyhow) and a trial has been set (if needed) for October 15th. Friends in the area, you can bet there will be a get-together that coming weekend. Be ready for celebration, because if it doesn't happen then, it had better have happened in September (how awesome would that be???). I already have students calling me by my maiden name. It has a wonderful ring to it.

3 comments:

Katy said...

i will be so happy and relieved for you!

Heidi said...

John is retarded. That is all. (I realize this is completely un-PC, but I don't care.) Seriously, I don't get it. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers that everything will work out fairly for you. Good luck!

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

well...we'll have an early celebration the end of september when you come and visit me....now when is that again ? :)