I Wonder... Background

Monday, August 06, 2007

Ode to My Nose



Oh, thou great and amazing organ-thingy!
You that causes me to smell the sweet scents of roses, lilacs, and Coda's breath!
You that have caused me so much congestion and suffering (and medical bills) throughout the ages...
You are my nose!

One of the Five Senses you are truly a work of art,
And those who have studied you are awed by your amazing works.
The scents you scent,
The odors you open my eyes to,
The aromas you arouse in my brain are innumberable.

And yet you torment me, nose.

Though you are supposedly healing, I can not even smell tuna.
Though you are supposedly healing, I can not breathe through my left nostril.
Though you are supposedly healing, I am still wiping up the oozes from your olefactories.

But you ARE healing.
You ARE progressing.
You ARE becoming better, and though there is pain, it is a healing pain.

And so I ask...
Do not mock my inability to spell or use correct vocabulary words or even to create bad poetry, but rejoice with me for a better, healthier nose!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think we all could have gone without "wiping up oozes" description. so thanks for that.

Katy said...

are you still on pain medication? :-) Glad you're doing better and thanks for the awesome poetry!

Heidi said...

You remind me of Dr. Seuss hopped up on even more drugs than he probably already was taking. Nice pic -- you have very nice skin.